We had a great turn out this past weekend with 12 alums/family members pitching in. We accomplished a LOT – here is a quick re-cap:
In thinking about what is best for the longer term it was decided that we would not pursue the conversion of the laundry room to a kitchenette for the upcoming rental and instead we would focus our energy on restoring the kitchen to full working order.
- To this end a (very) long closed doorway was re-opened from the living room into the kitchen to allow the commissary area to remain blocked off during the upcoming 2016/207 rental period. This actually had a positive effect on the living room as the new door brings more light into the room.
- In addition, a very heavy non-functioning soda machine and drinking fountain were removed and the 2 refrigerators were tested (one is working and now functional).
- The stainless steel counter tops were restored to “like new” condition.
Upstairs Rooms (2nd Floor)
- Finished painting the last of the bedrooms including 205, 207, 206 and 203.
- Installed ceiling tiles in 203.
- Just about all the second floor doors were painted inside and out, two coats.
- Prepped and primed upstairs hall from wing bathroom forward. Two finished coats completed in the middle section from the front stairs to the “triangle”.
- Finished painting rack in 101.
- Prepped and painted laundry room.
- Hauled away dryer.
- Ted, Todd, Lee and Tony met with the plumbers and roofer to understand and negotiate the recent plumbing bill and to discuss estimates for future work.
- We successfully negotiated a $1,000 reduction in the $10k plumbing bill.
- Collected deposit from 2017/2018 renters.
A BIG THANK YOU to the alums and family members who participated: Ted & MaryEllen Gibbon, Tony Barbera, Todd Klacik, Lee Merwin, Dave and (his daughter) Briana Shaffer,Dave “Cubby” Ciarrocca, Dan Wilson, Joe Carver, Tom “Jaws” Cook, and Mike Mesmer.
- Annual PSKRD Alumni Meeting – Sat April 23rd (10am to 11:30am).
- Annual Doug Black Golf Charity Event – Sat April 23rd (1:30pm shotgun). Register here: http://www.pskrd.groupsite.com/link/go/136466727
- Annual Alumni Reunion Weekend – Sat June 4th
We will be sending additional details and Evite’s for these events separately so MARK YOUR CALENDARS!